Monday, August 25, 2014

A Thank You to All Readers

Monday, August 25, 2014
              Sunny and very hot



A Thank Toy to
All My Readers

   For those who don't know who I am, my name is (Mr.) Stacey Bindman. I'm a retired professional photography teacher and still am a professional photographer. I am happily married to my wonderful and most understanding wide Heidi, and we have a great dog by the name of Buddy, who is great to have as a friend and companion. I live in Montreal,Quebec, Canada and have been writing this blog for about 3 1/2 years.

I've been watching my stats or page views lately because I know that I was going to hit the 200,000 milestone soon. Unfortunately, it's not 100% accurate because either Google doesn't put enough effort into blocking this nuisance, or it cannot do anything about what is called "referrer spam". Referrer Spam is false page views that companies or individuals place on your page view  data so that you will "visit" their pages. You should never do this because some of this might be viruses!. So about  4-8% must be removed or discounted from accurate counting. 


A Screen Capture of my Stats @ 4:00 P.M. EST (North America)




A Blogger (Google) Map of the World

I filled in most of the countries, as Google only present countries that have large amounts of viewers.
This is discouraging to myself, and I'm sure other bloggers, because you don't get to see every country and their readers.

At all times, Google presents the blogger with such a map. Sadly, Google does not present a total and accurate map of everyone who has visited me. I learned this by accident one day,  when I looked at my stats and saw a "rare" country that I though would never visit my blog. After that, I started to daily and randomly check this world map, and found that a lot of people from a lot of countries did I'm fact visit my blog, even though Google didn't bother to show this. So now, each day, I check. I would like to fill up the entire map in green, but I know that many countries and many people simply do not have electricity, let alone the Internet and computers!

So to everyone today and for the future when you visit, I would like to say a big 
Thank You
for having discovered my blog and for taking the time to read what I write. 
I would also like to thank the readers who have also asked me questions, helped correct my mistakes,or who have toys that needed either my help or those of my readers.

So here is a list of the people and their countries on the who have visited me:

There is no particular order, but I decided to start from left (top to bottom), 
then to the right (top to bottom).

North & South America

Canada
United States
Mexico
Columbia
Venezuela
Peru
Chile
Argentina
Uruguay

Europe

Portugal
Spain
France
Great Britain
Germany
The Netherlands (Holland)
Denmark
Switzerland
Austria
Poland
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
Turkmenistan
Russia

Africa

Ethiopia
Nigeria
Namibia
South Africa
Madagascar


Asia

China
Pakistan
India
Bangladesh
Myanmar (Burma)
Sri Lanka
Thailand
Cambodia
Malasia
Laos
Vietnam
Japan
South Korea
Brunei
Indonesia/ Sumatra/Java
Philippines
East Timor
Australia
New Zealand


*****

And if I have not included you, please feel free to write to me,
and I'll gladly add you to the list.


200,000

   Of course, 200,000 is just a number. When I first started to blog, I would only receive a few visitors each day. I had retired from teaching and decided one day to write about toys. If you read my first post from a few years ago, you'll be able to read what actually gave me the idea to blog about toys.
readership now helps to motivate me. I try to keep my research and writing to no more that 1-2 hours a day, so as to not get too focussed on this. I seldom make any money from this activity (not that money is a motivator), but it's been a great learning experience, and fun at the same time.

   My next achievement will be to see how many page views that I will have by the end of the year. I know that it will be above the previous years, but  will never be added to the top 10,000 website or even the top 100,000 websites in the world. 

   However, for all of you who have helped me achieve these milestones, thank you very much, and you are always welcome to be  guest on my blog - I usually never know what I will be writing in the immediate future, and I always welcome "surprises."

Than toy all for dropping by to visit,
and as always,
have a great day or night
wherever you may be,
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com


No comments: